Kenya Mahiga AA
The Mahiga Factory washing station sits at 1800 meters in the Othaya constituency of Nyeri County. With just over 500 farmer members, Mahiga collects and processes the whole coffee cherry for farmer members using a disc depulping machine before fermenting the coffee in order to remove the sticky demucilage layer. After the fruit is easily removed, the seeds are then soaked in clean water where they are completely washed of any remaining fruit residue, and then dried on raised beds. Farmers in the region grow mainly SL-28 and SL-34, with small amounts of Ruiru mixed in. Coffee is processed and kept separate by day or even weekly deliveries at the factory in order to identify quality.
Peru El Cedro
Gonzalo Guevara Martinez is the founder and current president of the Santuario Association of Coffee Producers, which works with small-scale producers in Cajamarca, Peru. His farm name refers to the cedar tree that grows on his small four hectare farm. The land is dotted with indigenous trees that give shade to his coffee trees. At El Cedro, coffee is selectively picked with only the ripest cherries being harvested at each pass. Cherries are then hand-sorted to ensure that no underripe or damaged cherries make it into the fermentation tanks. The care and attention to harvesting and processing techniques are apparent. In the cup, El Cedro is layered with notes of dark fruit and caramelized sugar.
This lot was purchased through an association in Buesaco town, that currently serves about 500 producers. It is made up of three coffees from the veredas Altamira and Pajajoy, on farms growing between 1900-2100 meters. Like most of the area, these producers are growing a mix of Caturra and Colombia. The majority of coffee production is performed using hand-crank depulpers, is generally fermented overnight, and finally dried on raised, covered beds. The latter helps protect unstable, wet parchment from the elements, and ventilation facilitates good airflow. The flavor profile here is heavily fruited, probably due to longer fermentation times, and is loaded with flavors of plum, blackberry, kiwi, and apple blossom.
Guatemala San Jacinto
San Jacinto is located in San Pedro Necta, Huehuetenango and consists of three small producers: Jacinto Pérez Sánchez, Francisco Pérez Sánchez and Rudy Pérez Sánchez. The area encompassing San Jacinto starts at 1650 and ends at 1700 masl. Varieties in this area consist of 70% bourbon and the remaining 30% is a mixture of caturra and pache. They have a late harvest due to the altitude, so the harvest season goes from the beginning of March to the end of April and there are two rounds of picking. They also operate their own wet mill and patios for drying. San Jacinto has an excellent depth of sweetness balanced by ripe red fruit notes.
For Skyline, we select and roast coffees that produce articulate sweetness, complexity, and body. Our roast profile is optimized for espresso extraction. Our current offering is a blend of two excellent small community lots from Cajamarca, Peru. Both lots are high grown and very well-prepped, producing lush body balanced by deeply fruited and caramelized sugar flavors in espresso.
Big Joy Espresso
Big Joy is a slightly more developed roast than Skyline, and pairs exceptionally well with milk. We use Big Joy for all of our milk-based drinks at our flagship cafe and it brews a dynamic, layered solo shot as well. But don’t count it out as a filter option! It’s delicious and sweet brewed with your favorite brewer. Our current offering is a blend of two excellent small community lots from Cajamarca, Peru. Both lots are high grown and very well-prepped, producing lush body balanced by deeply fruited and caramelized sugar flavors in espresso.
Goodnight Moon Decaf
Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.
Goodnight Moon is a carefully constructed blend of small batch coffees decaffeinated by our friends at Swiss Water Process. The roast profile is well suited for all brewing methods. We find the cup to be sweet and full-bodied with citrus highlights.
Rotating Coffee Subscription
Let us choose for you. Receive a fresh new coffee every month. Coffees ship on the next available roast date. For optimum freshness we only roast to order. Generally, if we receive your order before noon on Monday your coffee will ship by Wednesday. We always ship as quickly as possible.